Activate your account
In order to use any University computer, system or online service you need to accept your offer and activate your student account.
Accept your offer
If you applied via UAC, before you activate your account you need to accept your offer (if you haven't already done so).
- Log in to myHub using your application number (found on your offer letter) and date of birth (DDMM)
- There will be a processing period of six hours, after which you follow the same steps to log into myHub again.
- Click on 'Student Login Details' and your student number and program code will be displayed.
- Write this information down as you will need it to activate your account by following the steps below.
Activate your account
- Open the NUaccess Activate User Account utility for Students.
- Enter your Student Number, Date of Birth and the Program Code you wrote down when you accepted your offer.
- Click the checkbox beside "I'm not a robot". A Captcha test will appear.
- Complete the Captcha test by clicking all appropriate images that meet the request at the top of the test and then click Verify.
- Click Next once you have successfully completed the Captcha test.
NB: If you have problems activating your account you may need to try a different browser, such as Internet Explorer, Safari etc.
- The Terms and Conditions of Use page will now be displayed. You must accept the University Computing and Communications Facilities Terms and Conditions in order to finish activating your account and access any University systems or services.
- Read the policy, and click the I Accept button if you agree to these conditions.
- The Set Password page will now be displayed
- Enter a new password, re-enter your new password to confirm and click Save.
- The Account Activation Complete page will now be displayed.
- Your student user account is now active and ready to use.
Current, Returning or Continuing Students
You don't need to activate your student account again. Your existing username and password are still valid. If you have forgotten your password, the NUaccess Reset Password utility for Students is available to help you reset your password.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.