Oral Health Clinic
The University of Newcastle Oral Health Clinic is a student teaching clinic located on our Central Coast campus (Ourimbah). Our services are provided under the supervision of leading, registered dental practitioners (dentists, oral health therapists, dental therapists and dental hygienists).
Our 17-chair clinic operates during semester and allows students to learn in a real-world clinical environment whilst providing the Central Coast community with a valuable service.
Consult with our dental practitioners and students if you need:
Not all treatment provided by private practitioners is available at the clinic. Contact us to make an appointment for the following services:
Comprehensive oral examination
A full dental check-up, including radiographs, a diagnosis and explanation of what is happening with your oral health.
Oral hygiene and periodontal treatment
Our Bachelor of Oral Health Therapy focuses on preventive dental and oral health care and education to empower patients to improve their own oral health.
These treatments include oral hygiene instruction and periodontal treatment, fissure sealants and mouth guards.
Dental care is also available for children, adolescents, and adults:
- Comprehensive treatment including fillings and deciduous extractions are available for children and adolescents.
- Simple fillings are available for patients of all ages.
- Patients are referred to other dental services and/or private dental practices for treatments outside the scope of practice of oral health therapists.
Dental care for children, adolescents and adults
Comprehensive treatment including fillings and deciduous extractions is available for children and adolescents. Simple fillings are available for patients of all ages.
Bookings are essential
Please phone the clinic to make a booking, no referral is necessary.
- Students and staff of the University of Newcastle and holders of Health Care Cards can have their treatment free of charge.
- A small fee will apply to all other patients.
- Not all treatment provided by private practitioners is available at the clinic so please contact us to make an appointment
T: (02) 4348 4164
or (02) 4348 4113
The University of Newcastle
Central Coast Campus
Sciences Labs 1
10 Chittaway Road
Ourimbah NSW 2258