The Vonwiller Foundation Indigenous Speech Pathology Scholarship
03 March 2021
DonorThe Vonwiller Foundation
The Vonwiller Foundation was established by the Vonwiller family in 2009 to support education, science and technology, and health. Speech and Language development is a necessary foundation for education, and this is especially critical in early stage education. This scholarship recognises that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander speech pathology graduates and students view their profession through a unique cultural lens and can provide insight into the cultural, speech, language and communication needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
For more information, please read the full scholarship Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in 1st year of a Bachelor of Speech Pathology with the University of Newcastle.
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be recognised as such by your community.
- Demonstrate academic progress with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 or higher and maintain this for the duration of scholarship.
- Not be the recipient of another University of Newcastle donor-funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application responses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides a total benefit of $12,000 over 3 years provided ongoing eligibility is maintained for the duration of the scholarship.
The scholarship will be paid as a lump sum of $4,000 annually after the Semester 1 census date.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents, with reference to the eligibility criteria.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.