Boeing Engineering Scholarship for Women
06 March 2020
DonorBoeing Defence Australia
Boeing Defence Australia is a leading Australian aerospace enterprise. With a world-class team of more than 1,800 employees at 14 locations throughout Australia and two international sites, Boeing Defence Australia supports some of the largest and most complex defence projects in Australia. The successful recipient of the Boeing Engineering Scholarship for Women will be offered the opportunity to apply for a Boeing Defence Australia internship where you can put your university studies into practice before graduating.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in 1st year of a B Aerospace, Software, Computer Systems, Electrical and Electronic, Mechatronics, or Mechanical Engineering (Hons) programs, or the B Information Technology with the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment, UON.
- Demonstrate academic achievement either by an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent of 75 or higher for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 for continuing students.
- Demonstrate impact of personal circumstances, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Be female.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
- Be an Australian citizen.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides a benefit of $4,000, paid in two lump sums of $2,000 after each semester census date.
Selection will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents. Applications will be ranked against the criteria and offers made to the applicants who best meet the eligibility criteria.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759