Dr Tan Chin Nam and Colleen Innovation Award
03 March 2021
DonorDr Tan Chin Nam and Colleen Excellence Fund
This award has been established through the generous donations of Dr Tan Chin Nam and his wife Colleen through the Dr Tan Chin Nam and Colleen Excellence Fund. The fund aims to support the University's vision and strategies to foster innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Dr Tan Chin Nam and Colleen Innovation Award recognises the exceptional academic performance of an honours student and in doing so, support, acknowledge, and encourage original thinkers who demonstrate a significant and meaningful contribution to the field of innovation in their chosen discipline.
This award is open to UON students or Alumni who have completed an Honours program the year prior. There is no requirement to be currently enrolled for this award.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Have achieved at least a Class 2 Division 1 in your Honours year in the previous year and completed a research dissertation as part of your Honours program with University.
- Have a distinction average or WAM of 75 for your Honours year.
- Not have previously received this award.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
One award is available for a benefit of $2000.
Selection will require the recipient to meet a minimum academic achievement of a Class 2 Division 1 (distinction average or WAM of 75) for their Honours year.
Equal weighting will be given to academic performance and innovative thought and potential impact regardless of whether it is social, business or technological innovation.
A selection panel compromising of two specialist academics or researchers working in the area of innovation and a nominated Faculty PVC or the DVC (Academic) will assess the applications and select the student who best demonstrates original thinking and the most significant contribution to the field of innovation in their chosen discipline.
Where two students are of equal weighting based on their Honours year, the student with the highest overall cumulative WAM for their current undergraduate degree program will be selected.
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759