Valasi Bleazard Memorial Scholarship in Music
03 March 2021
DonorTrustee for Valasi Bleazard
This scholarship is in memory of Miss Valasi Bleazard, late of Lorn in Maitland, who died at the age of 90 at Faleula Methodist Campus in Western Samoa. She was born at Satupaitea in Western Samoa to Methodist Missionaries, hence her princess Christian name. During her adulthood here she had been a teacher of the Piano. Being born in Western Samoa, she was laid to rest in befitting manner at Vaega Satupaitea. This scholarship is to assist a second year female student studying at the University of Newcastle's Conservatorium of Music.
For the full details of this scholarship, please review the Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in 2nd year of a Bachelor of Music or combined degree including Bachelor of Music.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate academic achievement by having a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 or higher in your current program.
- Demonstrate impact of personal circumstances, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Be female
- Have demonstrated a high standard during performance either at entry audition or at interview for shortlisted applicants.
- Not have previously completed an Australian undergraduate degree program.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
This scholarship provides a benefit of $5,000 per annum to be paid in one lump sum payment after the relevant semester census date.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759