Tertiary Music Scholarship
06 March 2020
These scholarships provide financial incentive for gifted students that are facing educational disadvantage to study at the University of Newcastle. These scholarships are open to any music student - instrumentalist, vocalist, composer or creative production major.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of a Bachelor of Music in the Faculty of Education and Arts, University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate academic progress either by the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent required for entry for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 for continuing students.
- Demonstrate impact of personal circumstances, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
This scholarship provides $4,000, paid after the semester one census date.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents.
The scholar must demonstrate a high standard in performance at audition, if shortlisted and if required.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759