Tertiary Music Scholarship
04 March 2018
EstablishmentThese scholarships are intended to provide financial incentive for gifted students that are facing educational disadvantage to study at the University of Newcastle. These scholarships are open to any music student - instrumentalist, vocalist, composer or creative production major.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of a Bachelor of Music in the Faculty of Education and Arts, University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum 30 units).
- Demonstrate academic progress either by the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent required for entry for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 for continuing students.
- Demonstrate that you are affected by educational disadvantage, such as carer or sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement (approx 1 A4 page) outlining your academic achievement to date, experience of educational disadvantage, and how this scholarship would assist you and your career aspirations.
- Any documents supporting your claims (such as CV, evidence of achievements, centrelink income statement). A list of required documents for educational disadvantage is available at https://www.newcastle.edu.au/disadvantage-supporting-docs
- TIPS: Limit supporting documents to a few documents which support relevant eligibility criteria only. You may need to combine as one pdf for upload and inlcude your name and student number (if you have one) in the document.
The scholarship currently provides a benefit of $4,000 to be paid as a lump sum following Semester 1 census date.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents.
The scholar must demonstrate a high standard in performance at audition, if shortlisted and if required.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759