Pauline Snow Scholarship for Strings
06 March 2020
DonorMs Pauline Snow
This scholarship was established in 2006 from the generous bequest of Ms Pauline Snow and support the continued musical development of young string players entering the Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Music/Bachelor of Arts.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in 1st year of a Bachelor of Music or Bachelor Music/Bachelor Arts in any stringed instrument (including guitar).
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate impact of personal circumstances, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Demonstrate academic progress either by the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent required for entry for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 for continuing students.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides a total benefit of $12,000 over a 3 year tenure provided ongoing eligibility for the term of the scholarship.
The scholarship will be paid as a lump sum of $4,000 each year after the semester 1 census date.
Selection is a competitive process based on assessment of the scholarship and required supporting documents, with reference to eligibility criteria.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759