NSW Country Surveyors Association Undergraduate Scholarship
03 March 2021
DonorNSW Country Surveyors Association
This scholarship was established by the NSW Country Surveyors Association primarily to support a Surveying student from regional and rural NSW but importantly also to encourage the student to pursue employment in the Surveying field in a regional or rural area upon graduation. We further encourage students to look ahead to post-University Registration with the Board of Surveying and Spatial Information (BoSSI) as a valuable career path.
The scholarship recipient will be invited to attend two (2) NSW Country Surveyors Association conferences each year where they are given the opportunity to participate in industry conferences and meet key industry contacts. This is also a fantastic opportunity for students to meet future employers! All accommodation, meals and conference fees are paid for, the student only needs to make their own travel arrangements.
The NSW Country Surveyors Association recognises the importance of fostering new students without which our profession would not flourish. We see this scholarship as an important way to encourage the future generations of Surveyors to continue the important work that we do for the community at large, especially in regional and rural areas of NSW.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in Bachelor of Surveying (Honours) or combined degree including Bachelor of Surveying(Honours).
- Be a continuing student enrolled in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of the eligible program.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be a NSW regional or rural student. Includes all remote NSW areas and the Hunter Region, Central Coast, Newcastle and Wollongong regions.
- Demonstrate academic achievement by having a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 or higher in your current program.
- Demonstrate impact of personal circumstances, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or New Zealand Citizen.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application responses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides a benefit of $5,000 each year for up to three (3) years of eligible study, This will be paid as lump sums of $2,500 after semester 1 and semester 2 census dates.
The total value of this scholarship over the three years is $15,000.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759