FEBE Golden Jubilee Commemorative International Scholarship
27 January 2021
This scholarship offers a full fee-waiver for the duration of a full-time undergraduate program, aimed at encouraging and supporting academically gifted international students to enrol in a program with the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment at the University of Newcastle, Callaghan campus, with the long term view to continuation into Research Higher Degree candidature.
All applicants must have applied for Admission to UON prior to submitting a scholarship application. International students who are seeking advanced standing or credit transfers from other institutions, and who have applied to study with University of Newcsatle, may also submit an application for this scholarship.
This scholarship is now open for students commencing in Semester 1 2021. The scholarship will reopen in early march for applications from students commencing in Semester 2 2021.
For more information in this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a new student to the University of Newcastle.
- Be commencing in an undergraduate program with the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment in the semester of scholarship offer.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be enrolling at the Callaghan Campus.
- Be eligible for entry to the program as a full-fee paying international student.
- Not hold another scholarship for the same program of study.
- Not have previously completed an Australian undergraduate degree program.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement which outlines your academic achievements and career aspirations and demonstrates your interest in progressing to Research Higher Degree candidature.
Two scholarships are available; one scholarship will be awarded for Semester 1 admission and one scholarship will be awarded for Semester 2 admission.
This scholarship provides full payment of tuition fees each semester for the duration of an undergraduate program (up to 5 years), provided the scholar continues to meet ongoing conditions.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of:
- Academic Achievement (including rank) in previously completed studies.
- Detailed results of all courses completed in program.
- Assessment of written statement (career aspirations upon completion of the program and research interests).
- Any other supporting statements or documents,
Unsuccessful applicants may be considered for the separate Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment International Student Scholarship if eligibility criteria for this scholarship are met.
FEBE Scholarships Officer
Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
University of Newcastle
Callaghan NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 6025
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.