FEBE Golden Jubilee Commemorative International Scholarship
02 July 2018
This scholarship offers a full fee-waiver for the duration of a full-time undergraduate program, aimed at encouraging and supporting academically gifted international students to enrol in a program with the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment at the University of Newcastle, Callaghan campus, with the long term view to continuation into Research Higher Degree candidature.
There are two (2) scholarships available. One scholarship will be awarded for Semester 1 admission intake. Following this, applications will reopen and one (1) scholarship will be awarded for Semester 2 admission intake. Please apply before the 10 December close date if you are commencing study with UON in Semester 1, 2018.
All applicants must have applied for Admission to UON prior to submitting a scholarship application. International students who are seeking advanced standing or credit transfers from other institutions, and who have applied to study with UON, may also submit an applications for this scholarship.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a new student to the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolling or recently enrolled in an undergraduate program within the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment commencing in the year of scholarship offer.
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum 30 units).
- Be enrolling at the Callaghan Campus.
- Be eligible for entry to the program as a full-fee paying international student.
- Have completed an Australian Degree Transfer Program or a 3-year Diploma or an equivalent program of at least two (2) years duration issued not more than five (5) years prior to the proposed commencement date of study at the University of Newcastle.
- Not hold another Australian scholarship or have completed a previous Australian undergraduate degree program.
- Not hold another scholarship (excluding Commonwealth Scholarships).
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement which outlines your academic achievements and career aspirations and demonstrates your interest in progressing to Research Higher Degree candidature.
This scholarship will provide full payment of tuition fees each semester for the duration of an undergraduate program (up to 5 years), subject to the scholar's continued eligibility and compliance with ongoing conditions.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of:
- Academic Achievement (including rank) in previously completed studies.
- Detailed results of all courses completed in program.
- Assessment of written statement (career aspirations upon completion of the program and research interests).
- Any other supporting statements or documents,
Unsuccessful applicants may be considered for the separate Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment International Student Scholarship if eligibility criteria for this scholarship are met.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759