Global Leaders Scholarship
The Global Leaders Scholarship has been established to encourage and support international students from selected regions to study undergraduate and postgraduate programs with the Faculty of Business and Law, University of Newcastle (Australia). Eligible regions are:
- Latin America
- Middle East
- South Asia
- South East Asia
Scholarships will be automatically awarded to students from the above countries who have received an offer to study in an eligible program and who will commence studying with University of Newcastle in 2021 and 2022.This includes international students applying to study with University of Newcastle for the first time, as well as students entering after completion of an approved University of Newcastle pathway program.
Both trimester and semester programs are included. Eligible programs are:
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Business Analytics
- Combined Innovation & Entrepreneurship programs with Business, Laws (Honours), Commerce, or Business Analytics
- Combined Business programs with Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Laws (Honours) Commerce, or Business Analytics
- Combined Commerce programs with Business, Innovation & Entrepreneurship or Laws (Honours), or Business Analytics
- Juris Doctor
- MBA (Global)
- Master of Applied Finance
- Master of Health Economics, Management and Policy
- Master of Health Economics, Management and Policy (Global)
- Master of Human Resource Management
- Master of International Business
- Master of Marketing
- MBA/Master of Applied Finance
- MBA/Master of Health Economics, Management and Policy
- MBA/Master of Human Resource Management
- MBA/Master of International Business
- Master of Dispute Resolution
- Master of Laws (LLM)
- MBA/Master of Marketing
- Master of Professional Accounting/MBA
- MBA (Global)/MSC (Data Analytics)
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Professional Accounting (Advanced)
MBA (Global) dual degrees with partner universities
- MBA (Global)/ Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) - Montclair State University, New Jersey
- MBA (Global)/ Master of Fashion and Luxury Management - LUISS Business School, Rome
- MBA Global/Master in Management Technology - LUISS Business School, Rome.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing in an eligible program with the Faculty of Business and Law, University of Newcastle as a new student or via an approved University of Newcastle pathway (eligible programs exclude ELICOS only, Non-Award, MPhil, PhD).
- Be an international full-fee paying student from Africa, Latin America, Middle East, South Asia, South East Asia.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be enrolled on-campus at any University of Newcastle campus in Australia.
- Not hold another scholarship for the same program of equivalent or more substantial benefit.
- Meet all of the financial obligations of a full-fee paying international student, including the full tuition fee and other expenses for the purpose of obtaining your student visa, and in the event that eligibility for the scholarship is not maintained.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- None Required.
The scholarship benefit is $2500, payable as a tuition fee waiver, per term of full time study in an eligible program, for up to four terms. These may be paid each semester or trimester, depending on the program, to a total value of $10,000 for a two year (or more) program of full time study; $7500 for a one-and-a-half year program of full time study; and $5,000 for a one year program of full time study.
Students who achieve a Distinction average will be eligible to apply for an additional $2,500 merit based scholarship in their final term of study.
The scholarship will be applied directly to the recipient’s University of Newcastle customer account around census date in the relevant term of study.
The advertised number of scholarships available is indicative only and subject to funding.
No application is required for this scholarship.
Eligibility for this scholarship will be assessed alongside your application for admission to a FBUSL program and you may be automatically awarded this scholarship.
In considering eligibility, your academic progress in your prior study and IELTS scores may be taken into account. Consultation with areas of the university who assess equivalence according to standards provided by the National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition may occur, if required.
Scholarships will be awarded where criteria are met. Where funding permits, the Faculty of Business and Law will aim to support all eligible scholars. If needed, preference may be given to applicants who have applied through a University Partner Institution.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.