Neville Sawyer AM Scholarship in Business and Law
30 January 2019
DonorMr Neville Sawyer AM
This scholarship was established by Mr Neville Sawyer to encourage graduates of the Engineering, Science, and Information Technology fields to undertake formal postgraduate studies within the Faculty of Business and Law, strengthening the business skills and experience required for future Industry leaders.
The successful applicant will receive a tuition fee waiver for the 4 core courses (40 units) shared by the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration and Masters of Business Administration programs.
Recipients of the scholarship are encouraged to become involved in other entrepreneurial groups such as Sling Shot. These groups provide mentoring and financial and key workshops. It is envisaged that future employers of these students will encourage them by providing financial support so that they may continue learning and gaining relevant experience through future studies.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in, or have accepted an offer of admission for, the Graduate Certificate of Business Administration or the Masters of Business Administration with University of Newcastle.
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Be a graduate of an Engineering, Science or Information Technology program with University of Newcastle or have completed TAFE studies in these areas.
- Be a resident of Newcastle, the Hunter Region or the Central Coast
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Provide a written statement outlining your motivation for pursuing postgraduate studies and what you hope to achieve
- For students who have qualifications not obtained with UON, your academic transcripts for prior study.
- Provide a reference from your employer (if applicable)
The scholarship provides a benefit of payment of program fees for the following eligible, core courses required for the Graduate Certificate Business Administration and/or the Masters of Business Administration:
- GSBS6001 - Managing Under Uncertainty
- GSBS6002 - Foundations of Business Analysis
- GSBS6004 - Organisational Behaviour and Design
- GSBS6200 - Accounting and Financial Management.
The value of this scholarship equates to approximately $10,900 for the full tenure of the scholarship. As tuition fees are subject to change annually, this is only an indicative value. The scholar's fulfilment of conditions for award and the completion of any of the units prior to be offered the scholarship may vary the benefit amount.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of academic merit, a written statement from the applicant outlining their motivation for pursuing postgraduate studies and what they hope to achieve, a reference from the applicants employer (if applicable) along with performance at interview (if required).
The number of scholarships to be offered annually is dependent upon funding available.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759