This mathematics research project aims to construct tools for signal and image processing.
These tools include smooth, compactly supported orthogonal multidimensional wavelets with other prescribed properties such as near-cardinality, symmetry and more, which are suitable for colour image processing.
- World-first construction of multidimensional wavelets
- Application of novel techniques from Clifford analysis that are unknown to most researchers in signal and image processing
- Advanced techniques from optimisation theory
- University of New Mexico, USA
- University of Goettingen, Germany
- Technical University of Munich, Germany
- Potential for improved treatment (especially compression) of colour images
- Potential for improved performance of higher-dimensional quadrature and approximation
Capabilities and facilities
- High-performance computing facilities
- High-end capabilities in pure, applied and computational harmonic analysis
- International network of collaborators