Ms Daisy Davis
- Phone:(02) 4913 8154
Daisy has been a lawyer since 2008 and brings a breadth of experience and passion for achieving commercial outcomes to her role as Legal Counsel at the University.
Prior to joining the University in January 2015, Daisy worked as a lawyer in Sydney firms including Henry Davis York. Whilst at Henry Davis York, Daisy was a member of the LEAPS mentoring program (Law Firms Encouraging Active Participation in School) through which she provided academic mentoring and career guidance to high school students. Daisy then transitioned to an in-house role at American Express where she was responsible for business travel and related contracts of American Express' travel business. This role involved drafting and negotiating global contracts worth over $100 million, working on tenders and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
Daisy has also volunteered at the Inner City Legal Centre (Sydney) which provides free legal services to disadvantaged members of society.
Daisy's main areas of expertise include contracts, corporate and commercial law, commercial advisory, litigation, alternative dispute resolution, compliance and policy.
- Current Practising Certificate, Solicitor (Unrestricted), Admitted in 2008
- Bachelor of Law at the University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Finance (With Distinction) at the University of New South Wales
- Postgraduate Insolvency Law & Professional Practice course at the Queensland University of Technology (run in conjunction with the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice at The College of Law, Sydney
In her spare time, Daisy enjoys keeping fit and spending time with family and friends