LGBTQIA+ Shaping Futures Scholarship Launched
The LGBTQIA+ Shaping Futures Scholarship, prompted by interest from staff, students and community members, supports diversity and equity.
The aim of the scholarship is to improve access to higher education for students who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and/or queer, plus other diverse sexual orientations and gender identities.
“Of all the issues queer people face – around homelessness, family domestic violence and accessing safe medical services – financial hardship just perpetuates everything else. It’s incredible to see an LGBTQIA+ scholarship and greater awareness of these issues,” Max Tran, Queer Convener, NUSA Queer Collective
To support LGBTQIA+ students facing hardship and disadvantage, please take a few minutes to make a tax deductible gift to the LGBTQIA+ Shaping Futures Scholarship here. University staff also have the option of making a pre-tax fortnightly donation here.
By supporting LGBTQIA+ students in need, you are not only relieving financial stress so they can focus and excel in their studies, but you are helping to foster self-confidence, and empowering students to work hard to pursue their dreams.
- New funding will see University of Newcastle students study across Indo-Pacific region
- Estimating calorie content not clear-cut for all
- Cloud Immersion Day to unlock innovative use of the technology in the higher education sector
- The principles underpinning three decades of teaching
- Renewables switch wins Clever Campus award