All Schools have a dedicated Liaison Librarian in their areas of teaching and research.
Research Liaison Librarians
Research Liaison Librarians offer a number of specialist research services and resources, including advice and support for undertaking literature searches, systematic reviews, referencing, citation analysis, current awareness, promotion of research, and management of research data. They can also advise on choosing the right publisher, including how to avoid predatory publishers and which publishers offer Open Access publications.
Contact the relevant Librarian to discuss your research needs.
Teaching Liaison Librarians
Teaching Liaison Librarians provide advice and support for the University’s learning and teaching curriculum, including pathways, undergraduate and postgraduate courses. They can advise on the creation of programs and resources to develop students’ skills in digital and information literacy and empowers academic teaching staff with regard to curriculum support, course reading materials and collection development for emerging courses.
Contact the relevant Librarian to discuss your teaching needs.
The key services the Liaison Librarians provide for University staff and students include:
1. Developing resources to support information literacy and the development of digital capabilities for University of Newcastle students.
2. Delivering tailored information literacy classes for subject areas.
3. Supporting academics in the resourcing of courses, through readings, texts and Course Readings material.
4. Supporting researchers and Higher Degree students with copyright advice and training, publications reporting and NURO, NOVA online research repository, data management and thesis deposit.
5. Providing advice regarding sourcing and using information within the scope of copyright compliance and legislation.