Who can enrol?
Studies indicate that the first year of university is the most critical period in determining success. That's why you need to be as well-prepared as possible with academic content and skills. To help prepare for and make the most of your studies, we have developed a number of flexible options designed to 'top up' your subject knowledge and introduce you to the skills you need to commence tertiary study.
On-campus courses are open to all current students at the University of Newcastle.
Our online short courses are open to anyone wishing to refresh their skills in a particular subject. You do not need to be a student at the University of Newcastle.
What do past UON Prep Bridging course students think?
- "It is a good starting point for those students who haven't had to write an essay of any kind before."
- "I think the instructor was very supportive and approachable, covered the subject at a good pace and broke things down to be more easy to understand."
- "The teacher was patient and helpful."
- "The lecturer was amazing, it was great to get a taste of what university may be like in the weeks leading up to week one."
- "The Academic Survival Skills Online course has helped me to feel confident going into my studies, especially with my essay and report writing."