Staff and student resources
- General support resources
- Statistical Support Service
- Undergraduate summer vacation scholarships
- HDR awards
- Support schemes
General support resources
- Student support: A one-stop shop linking through info on accommodation, PASS, Accessibility, learning development, counselling, NUSA, IT, Library, Ally network and much, much more.
- Undergraduate Program Advisors and Program Convenors: Key contact for every undergraduate degree in the University.
- Postgraduate Program Advisors and Program Convenors: Key contact for every postgraduate degree in the University.
- Staff resources: Access our staff SharePoint containing resources on faculty awards, research support, teaching and learning, and lots more.
- PhD and Research Masters students: Access information regarding your research degree including schedules, forms and support documentation.
Statistical Support Service
The Statistical Support Service (StatSS) provides advice on statistical methods to help university students and staff engaged in research. The service is intended to provide low cost and non-profit statistical support for University of Newcastle researchers.
We can assist researchers with:
- study designs and surveys
- data analysis
- writing up statistical results
- grant or project proposals
- seminars/workshops/courses in statistics for individual or School/discipline needs.
Undergraduate Summer Vacation scholarships 2020/21
The Faculty of Science undergraduate research program can be undertaken in a variety of research areas and provides students with a valuable and rewarding experience working with well-established researchers in high quality research environments.
The scholarship holder has the opportunity to participate in a voluntary research program within the Faculty of Science on a research topic provided by the Faculty. Successful applicants will be able to negotiate attendance based on their availability, with their academic supervisor.
This program is an early introduction to aspects of Honours Year research and is available to students currently enrolled in the second or third year of an undergraduate program offered by the Faculty of Science. The list of projects available in this round can be found below:
Up to 25 scholarships are available valued at $2,000 each.
Applications close online at midnight Sunday 8th November 2020
For information on the conditions and how to apply online please refer to the Scholarships website.
For HDR Awards and Scholarship information, please refer to the HDR Blackboard page (link above).
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.