Your Academic Program Advisor has detailed knowledge about the requirements of your program. They can:
- Assist you with program variations due to changes in your circumstances and changes within your program
- Work together with your Program Convenor to manage your enrolment and progression in line with the University’s policies and procedures
- Provide advice about credit based on previous study at UON or at other tertiary institutions you have studied
- Provide advice about study abroad and exchange
- Determine that you have successfully met the requirements of your program and are ready to graduate
- Provide specialist advice to international students about rights, responsibilities and visa requirements
The best way to contact your Academic Program Advisor is via email: ProgramAdvice@newcastle.edu.au.
Academic Program Advisors are also accessible via Student Central on campus and appointments can be made for more detailed advice.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.