Building on the foundations laid in MATH4107, in MATH4108 students complete a research project under the supervision of a member of the academic staff.
Availability2017 Course Timetables
- Semester 2 - 2017
- Semester 1 - 2018
- Semester 2 - 2018
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Worked collaboratively with a supervisor
2. Planned and executed a research project in mathematics
3. Communicated mathematics using the style, protocols and conventions of the discipline.
4. Developed an awareness of the ways in which mathematics is disseminated.
In this course, under the supervision of a member of the academic staff, each student will:
- complete an individual research project
- provide a written exposition (in the style of the discipline) of their research - usually 10,000 to 20,000 words
- present results of their research in a seminar
- offer an oral defence of their research
Enrol B Mathematics (Honours)
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term