Who makes up UON Alumni?
The alumni community is made up of over 140,000 dynamic and diverse achievers all around the world. The community includes graduates as well as past and present members of academic staff and of the University Council.
Graduates from our former institutions are also included. These are the Newcastle Teachers College; National Arts School; Newcastle University College (Tighes Hill); Newcastle Conservatorium of Music; Newcastle College of Advanced Education; and the Hunter Institute of Higher Education.
What does the alumni network do?
Our alumni chapters and groups give you the opportunity to share skills, knowledge, networks, catch-up with old friends and make new ones, in 146 countries across the globe. The network provides support to graduates returning to their home countries or re-locating after graduation. Please see the Alumni Networks page for more information.
There are four graduate positions on the University Council, ensuring that our alumni retain a strong voice in the governance and strategic future of the University.
If you are in a location which does not appear to have a contact and would like to be a regional coordinator, please contact the Alumni Relations Team.
You can also engage with alumni colleagues across the globe through:
The University's alumni network includes:
- graduates of the University
- past and present members of the University Council
- past and present members of academic staff
- other persons admitted to Convocation under the by-law, including but not limited to certain non-academic members of staff and Honorary Degree recipients
- graduates of our former institutions: Newcastle Teachers College; National Art School (amalgamated with NCAE in 1975); Newcastle University College (Tighes Hill); Newcastle Conservatorium of Music; Newcastle College of Advanced Education and the Hunter Institute of Higher Education
- other people admitted under the by-law including, but not limited to, certain non-academic members of staff and people who live in the Hunter with an equivalent degree
- Study Abroad, Exchange Students and Enabling Program participants are considered Associate Alumni.
Every year graduations take place in Newcastle, Port Macquarie and Ourimbah.
International students travelling to Newcastle for their graduation should contact the Office of Alumni & Philanthropy so that they can be advised of any special opportunities for international graduates and their families.
For more information about graduation dates and protocol, please view the Graduation page.
Need a copy of your Statement of Academic Record, also known as an academic transcript?
All graduates are provided with one free copy at graduation. Additional copies can be purchased online through the Student payment system. The cost of the official academic transcript is $10. For further details about how to obtain a copy of your academic transcript, Ask UON.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 2 4921 5000.
For any other enquiries contact email@example.com