John Lambert Friends of the University Undergraduate Scholarship
05 March 2017
DonorFriends of the University of Newcastle
This scholarship was established by the Friends of the University to support a student who has completed the Open Foundation program and is intending to enrol in an undergraduate degree in the following year.
Applicable to: Open Foundation, High Achievers, educational or financial disadvantage.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the first year of an Undergraduate program at the University of Newcastle.
- Have previously completed an Open Foundation program in the year prior to undergraduate enrolment.
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum 30 units).
- Demonstrate academic achievement by an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent of 75 or higher for commencing students.
- Demonstrate that you are affected by educational disadvantage, such as carer or sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Not have previously received this scholarship.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement (approx 1 A4 page) outlining your academic achievement to date, experience of educational disadvantage, and how this scholarship would assist you and your career aspirations.
- Optional: any documents supporting your claims, such as your CV, evidence of achievements, centrelink income statement, health care card. Please limit to just a few documents which support relevant eligibility criteria only.
The scholarship currently provides a total benefit of $4,000 to be paid in two equal payments following Semester 1 and Semester 2 census dates.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents. Applications will be ranked against the eligibility criteria and academic results from Open Foundation studies taken into account.
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759