Research Performance and Systems Unit
The Research Performance and Systems Unit at the University of Newcastle provide support for the collection of Research Income and Research Publications data. This contributes to the annual governmental Higher Education Research Data Collection.
The Unit also helps prepare a number of internal reports and publications which collate and analyse the research output of the University.
The Unit's other areas of responsibility are for research information management systems, statistical reporting and research performance monitoring and reporting.
View the Research Statistics page (staff login required).
Information systems include:
- Research Portfolio Manager (RPM) - the current University Researcher data for compilation of Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) reports and researcher web profiles.
- Research Information Management System (RIMS) - Used for research grants administration, tracking and reporting including research grant human and animal ethics requirements.
- Research Animal Maintenance System (RAMS) - Used to order and track research animals and associated charges.
- Callista - The University of Newcastle's publications collection database
- Web Access Research Portal (WARP) - allows access to live research data held in Callista Research, providing detailed project information at an individual level.
- Researcher web profiles - Researcher Profiles promote individual researchers and enhance reputations as well as allowing fellow universities colleagues and students to know who you are. Information on how to create a researcher profile can be found here. Enquiries regarding researcher profiles should be directed to the email email@example.com
The Research Performance and Systems team collect and interpret research information at various levels and provide data reports for Faculties, Schools, Centres and groups (including Priority Research Centres) and other tiers of management.
Please contact the Research Performance and Systems Unit for any further enquiries.