Have you been on an overseas experience? We challenge you to capture your experience in a 2minute video that reflects your time overseas. All aspects of your time abroad may be considered for subject matter (e.g. student life; the local culture and community; any travel you undertake).
Be creative and help inspire others to go abroad!
Entry is open to all UON students who have successfully completed, or are currently undertaking a student exchange or short-term experience. Experiences could include a semester exchange, an overseas university short course, volunteering abroad, international work placement or attending an international conference.
- The video must contain reference to the University of Newcastle and the partner institution / provider
- The video title must contain the words 'My UON Global Experience'
- The video can use any audio/visual multimedia format (video, flash, animation, photo montage, slide show etc).
- The video must be uploaded on to YouTube with the link to the video provided in the application form.
- The video must be no longer than 2 minutes.
To be considered in the 2016 UON Global Video Competition, please complete the following Application form by Sunday 9 October 2016.
- $500 STA voucher
Entries will be shortlisted and placed on the UON Study Overseas Facebook page. The winning entry will be determined by an online vote. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winning entry will be announced in November 2016.
- Check out some of the videos on the Student Testimonial Page (previous winners of the competition)
- Consider the pace of the video
- Think about the content (try to include a mix of both the overseas program and travel)
- Think about including text to help make an impact
- Try including both photos and videos