All applications to the Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC) must comply with the University of Newcastle's Research Peer Review Guideline for Ethics Applications.
Applications to the HREC will not be accepted if they do not comply with the peer review requirement.
- The peer review must be undertaken before submission of the application to the HREC and the Peer Review and Head of School Declarations in the application completed.
- Peer reviewers and Head of School must be independent of the proposed project and the investigators.
- Peer reviewer panels are to include experienced researchers in the research proposal field of study.
For further information on peer review processes specific to each Faculty, please refer to:
- Faculty of Business and Law: Peer review process
- Faculty of Education and Arts: Peer review process
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment: Peer review process
- Faculty of Health and Medicine: Peer review process
- Faculty of Science: Peer review process
Please note, a staff login is required to view the above Faculty Information sites. Students are advised to contact their supervisor for more information.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.