Priority Research Centre for Geotechnical Science and Engineering
Insitu Testing Capabilities & Specialised Equipment
INSITU SAMPLING SPECIALISED EQUIPMENT
- A 20 tonne truck mounted insitu testing rig “Newsyd”.
- A 20 tonne truck and 10tonne crawler combination insitu testing Facility “Newtracks”.
- A hand portable load frame, hydraulic pump and anchoring system.
Figure 1: Newtrack - Track Crawler and Test Facility and Newsyd - 20 Tonne truck mounted test facility
- Cone Penetration Testing (CPT) – 25, 50 and 100 MPa cone load cells available.
- Cone Penetration Testing with pore pressure measurement (CPTu).
- Seismic Cone Penetration Testing with pore pressure measurement (SCPTu).
- Flat Plate Dilatometer Testing (DMT).
- Seismic Flat Plate Dilatometer Testing (SDMT).
- Insitu Vane Shear Testing.
- Soil Conductivity and Soil Moisture Measurement.
- Soil Sampling - Mostap 35 and 65, Swedish Soil Sampler (50mm diameter).
- Ground Water and Gas Sampling and Permeability Measurement (BAT Enviroprobe).
- Hydraulic Profiling Tool (HPT) – Measure conductivity and permeability.
For further information regarding testing capabilities and rates please contact:
Priority Research Centre for Geotechnical Science & Engineering
Discipline Civil, Surveying & Environmental Engineering
University of Newcastle
T: + 61 2 4921 8978
M: + 61 408 292 638
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.