myUON ideas competition results
IT Services and the myUON project team would like to extend a huge congratulations to all the winners of the recent myUON ideas competition, held between 19th September and 3rd October 2018.
The myUON ideas competition is part of our continuing effort to enable direct student input into improving a range of UON services. The competition specifically related to ideas to inform the ongoing development and enhancement of functionality within myUON.
The winning idea was to create a due date reminder for borrowed Library books. This idea was submitted by Nadia Abdul Latif (pictured below), and she received the first prize of a drone valued at $200.00, kindly donated by ServiceNOW.
The other top trending ideas were:
- Automatic login for myLibrary (James Bagley at Callaghan)
- Room locator information (Lisa Pawley at Callaghan)
- “Theme week” calendar integration (Susan Pietrykowski at Ourimbah)
- Live status for the shuttle bus services between Callaghan and NeW Space (Tristan Oswald at Callaghan)
Each of these students received a ServiceNOW goodies pack and UON merchandise.
All submitted ideas will be assessed for technical feasibility, strategic alignment and cost for inclusion in future updates and each idea submitter will be updated with the idea status as it progresses through this process.
Still got a great idea or want to vote? While the competition is now over, please click on the myUON IDEAS tile in either the myUON App or Portal or visit myuonideas.newcastle.edu.au to tell us about it.
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness
- Experts challenge WHO recommendations on saturated fats