Jennifer is the University's General Counsel and principal legal officer, and heads the University's Legal Office. Prior to her role with the University, Jennifer was the General Counsel and Company Secretary for a multinational company based in Brisbane. She has also worked as a Senior Associate in one of Australia's largest law firms specialising in commercial litigation and workplace relations, as a Senior Advisor for the leading employer association, Australian Industry Group, and as an Associate for a judge of the Federal Court of Australia.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons 1), University of Wollongong
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Wollongong
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Wollongong
- Master of Laws, University of New South Wales
- Admitted to Practice as a Legal Practitioner in the High Court of Australia
- Admitted to Practice as a Legal Practitioner in the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Admitted to Practice as a Legal Practitioner in the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Member, Law Society of New South Wales
- Member, Society of University Lawyers
- Member, Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association
- Member, Australian Corporate Lawyers Association
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.