Science in Practice
Held in August each year, Science in Practice is a one-day event hosted by the Faculty of Science to coincide with Australia’s annual celebration of science and technology, National Science Week.
Developed and led by our world-class experts, we’ll be offering a FREE online experience this year, delivering a virtual day of exciting, interactive activities and presentations for the whole community.
Join us at newcastle.edu.au/science-in-practice on Saturday 22nd August between 10am-2pm, to access a range of activities from the comfort of your own home.
From live SMART Science shows to talks with some of our Mad Scientists, this an event not to be missed. Some of the activities to look forward to include:
- A live, SMART Science show
- SMART workshops (FULLY BOOKED)
- A super symbiosis artwork competition
- A sneak peek at the upcoming Biomes exhibition
- Fantastic Physics resources
- Celebrating our women in science
- Live webinars with our experts on coral, sharks and rays, and life aboard a marine research vessel.
We'll also be hearing about the cutting edge scientists our experts are conducting in our new Mad Scientist talks:
Contact FSCI-Community-Outreach@newcastle.edu.au for any other related enquiries.