Entry for non-school leavers
Universities are filled with students of all ages, backgrounds and experiences, and at UON we understand that not everyone's journey is the same. We offer a range of options for non-school leavers to gain entry into our degrees.
As a non-school leaver, you can apply for admission into a UON undergraduate degree on the basis of:
- your performance in the HSC or equivalent, irrespective of when you completed it
- completed or partly completed higher education studies
- TAFE qualifications – completed Certificate IV or higher
- overseas qualifications equivalent to Australian studies
- post-secondary professional qualifications including – health care practitioner qualifications, defence qualifications or commissioned officer status
- performance in alternate entry programs like Newstep or Open Foundation
- performance in the UAC Special Tertiary Admissions Test.
If you have more than one of the qualifications listed above they may all count towards your application. See the UAC website for advice regarding how these qualifications are applied. You could also get help from the faculty who owns the degree you want to apply for.
Non-school leavers also have the advantage of being able to apply at any time of the year. This means you may also receive an early offer to study before the main round of offers are released.
Credit for past experience
Did you know that credit for previous studies may reduce the length of your degree? If your TAFE or other qualification is similar to the university degree you want to study you may be granted credit to reduce the number of units you need to study. This is a great way to save you money and time at university.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander program
are an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicant, you can get help to
gain entry into our degrees. All you need to do is indicate that you are of
Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent in your application. You will then
be invited to attend an interview at one of our campuses.
Find out more by contacting the The Wollotuka Institute on
(02) 4921 6863.
Educational Access Scheme
Educational Access Scheme (EAS) you can get up to four additional bonus points
if you have experienced educational or other disadvantage. To apply for the
EAS, you must complete the application form contained in the EAS booklet
produced by UAC or download the form from UAC. EAS applications should be forwarded to UAC with supporting documents
no later than 6 January 2016.
EAS does not apply to the Bachelor of Medicine program.
For more information phone our Enquiry Centre on 1800 ASK UON.