Visit the Register of Supervisors to search for a research degree supervisor by School or Faculty, Researcher Name or Keyword relating to an area of interest.
All research degree candidates require a supervisor. As a prospective research student, it is a good idea to start actively searching for potential supervisors in your chosen field before you submit your application.
You can shortlist and connect with University of Newcastle academics through our Register of Supervisors. The register will give you an excellent overview of potential supervisors including:
- Name, title and email address
- Summary of research areas
- A link to their research profile which details biographical information, research, teaching and administrative expertise, research funding, current and past research supervision and research publications.
There are three ways of searching.
- By school name: use this field if you would like to see the full list of available supervisors in a broad area.
- By researcher name: use this field if you know the surname of a particular researcher.
- By keywords: use this field to enter the keyword(s) that describes your research interest.
To search for a particular phrase in the keyword search, enclose your keywords in double quotation marks. For example "clean coal" will only return results that contain the exact phrase "clean coal". If you enter keywords without the double quotation marks the search engine will return results with either one or both key words.