Careers, jobs and your future
Our career services and resources have been designed to assist you in developing the capacity to achieve your career goals. Whether it is gaining part time work while you study or clarifying your longer term goals and connecting with industry, there is a service or resource that will fit your current career needs.
Our services are available to all current students and graduates of the University.
Connect with us:
We have a major presence on the University web site and UoNline, but mainly use the CareerHub site for our online delivery of services:
- appointment and workshop bookings
- careers resources – including information sheets, links, news and FAQ
- e-newsletter and job alerts – containing information about the latest events, jobs and career resources
- information on upcoming events
- job search tool – casual and part-time work, vacation work and volunteer opportunities, graduate positions, and overseas jobs.
Careers counselling appointments are available on Callaghan, Ourimbah and Port Macquarie campuses. For those not able to attend these sites, telephone or Skype appointments may be arranged. Topics may include:
- clarifying career goals and strategies for achieving them – including review of current or future study
- job search strategies – casual or part time; study related; graduate
- job application reviews – particularly selection criteria, resumes and cover letters, and expressions of interest
- job interview practice – role play practice followed by feedback or discussion and practice questions.
If an appointment is not practical for you, then you can send a question to the careers counsellors (including uploading job applications for review) using the My Questions section in CareerHub.
Book an appointment for Callaghan or Ourimbah on CareerHub in the Appointments section. For appointments on Port Macquarie, phone +61 2 6581 6200.
You do not need to make an appointment to attend one of these brief 10-15 minute sessions for quick feedback on your draft:
- Job application letter
Before attending a drop-in session, read the Cover Letters and Resumes information sheets available on CareerHub.
Some of us prefer to learn by seeing, doing and asking questions. We offer workshops on a range of employment and career topics, including: career planning, job search, working in Australia, job applications and interviews, and social media and your career. More information and registration details can be found in the Events section of CareerHub.
Often the best careers advisers are the people currently working in your fields of interest. No matter whether you are in your first or final year, developing industry contacts will be important for your career.
Our on-campus events include expos, employer or professional association information sessions, and networking activities. We also advertise similar off-campus events that are relevant to our students. You'll find all event details listed in the Events section on CareerHub.