The University of Newcastle, Australia

Cross-institutional study

With cross-institutional study students from other Australian universities can complete approved courses at UON for credit at their university. You will receive instruction, assessment and examination results but are not enrolled in a UON award program like a degree or diploma etc.

To apply for cross-institutional study you need to:

Important information for cross-institutional study


If you are an undergraduate student you will be required to complete a Commonwealth Assistance Form (eCaf) online at myHub as part of your enrolment. If you are a postgraduate student you may apply for a FEE-HELP loan.

Choosing a course (subject)

You will need to access information about course availability, timetabling and additional requirements for particular courses. This information can be accessed in our course handbooks.

You will need to choose appropriate courses and provide these details to your home institution for approval before you can lodge your application. We recommend that you allow plenty of time for this.

As competition is high for places in some classes, you should ensure that you apply well before the closing date. Restrictions may apply where places in classes are limited.

Distance learning

Please indicate in the location column of question 5 of the application if you will be studying via distance learning.