If you have qualifications or experience beyond the minimum entry requirements for a Masters Degree, you may be able to complete your degree in reduced time and at reduced cost.
The Newcastle Business School will consider your relevant professional experience and you could reduce your study by up to a third! Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) may result in credit granted for up to four courses.
RPL may be granted to you when you demonstrate competencies aligned to the learning outcomes of selected courses. You can do this as part of your application by providing a statement and supporting documentation outlining relevant business or organisational experience.
You can apply for professional credit in the following programs:
- Master of Applied Finance
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Human Resource Management
- Master of International Business
- Master of Marketing
Apply for professional credit
To apply for credit for the Master of Applied Finance, MBA or Master of International Business, please refer to the learning outcomes for each course below and additional instructions on how to apply to have your professional experience assessed for credit.
- Managing Under Uncertainty (GSBS6001)
- Foundations of Business Analysis (GSBS6002)
- Corporate Finance (GSBS6130) - Applied Finance only
- Accounting and Financial Management (GSBS6200)
- Organisational Behaviour and Design (GSBS6004) - MBA and International Business only
Applicants for the Master of Applied Finance, MBA or Master of International Business must be able to demonstrate that they have achieved these learning outcomes (for one or more of the courses listed above), through education and/or experience ABOVE the minimum requirements for direct admission to the Masters degree.
A completed RPL application form and supporting documentation should be submitted along with your application for admission.
- Master of Applied Finance RPL application form (PDF, 184KB)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) RPL application form (PDF, 256KB)
- Master of International Business RPL application form (PDF, 185KB)
- Master of Business Administration / Master of Applied Finance combined program RPL application form (PDF 160KB)
- Master of Business Administration / Master of International Business combined program RPL application form (PDF, 160KB)
Option 1 - For students applying directly online;
- RPL application and supporting documentation can be uploaded with your online admission application.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Option 2 - International students wishing to study on campus at the University of Newcastle.
- RPL application and supporting documentation should be emailed with your application for admission to email@example.com
To apply for credit for the Master of Marketing or Master of Human Resource Management view the application details for each program and select from the options to have your professional qualifications and/or work experience considered. You will need to provide: