Bridging and Refresher Courses
Our courses are delivered across different modes of study ranging from independent and self-paced to more hands-on and supportive with direct access to our University experts.
These courses cover a wide range of subject areas to suit the degree or program you are wanting to prepare for.
Bridging and Refresher Courses are run during a NUPrep Term before the start of each Semester.
Am I eligible?
- Bridging and Refresher Courses are available to all Domestic (Australian) University of Newcastle students in an Enabling Pathways or Undergraduate program.
If you are an international student please visit your support webpage for help with starting your program.
NUPrep Key Dates
Browse our Bridging and Refresher courses below. We offer courses to help you with general academic skills plus maths and science courses at different levels to suit your needs.
- Foundation – Great for beginners and/or students going into an Enabling Pathways program.
- Introductory Undergraduate – For degrees with maths/science listed in the assumed and/or recommended knowledge.
- Core Undergraduate – For degrees that include core science/maths courses.
Make the most of your university preparation by completing our FREE NUPrep Plus program.
NUPrep Plus is a recommended program of courses, workshops and support that will set you up for success and help you start your studies with confidence.
- Enrol in 3 NUPrep Bridging and Refresher courses
- Receive one-on-one support from our academic advisors
- Participate in these essential workshops for everything you need to start University:
Flexible Course Delivery
Each Bridging and Refresher Course takes about 15-20 hours to complete. We know you might have other things to juggle before Semester starts so there are flexible course delivery options.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.