Partner with us
How it works for your business
Connect 88 places Chinese students in work internships within local SMEs in the Newcastle region looking to grow their Chinese customer base. These students will share their cultural context with your business and enable your business to attract Chinese customers. Some of our partners are actually outside of the tourism sector, like NIB who have employed Chinese students to service Chinese–speaking policy holders.
The value-add our Connect 88 students can provide your business are:
- Creating Chinese social media accounts for your business
- Creating engaging content that appeals to the Chinese market
- Managing online advertising for China-facing channels
- Delivering customer service solutions that are culturally optimised
- Developing an engagement strategy for opening up new or expanding current Chinese markets
Our students undergo extensive preparation before they join your business, taking part in workshops covering cultural intelligence, career development and professional English.
Support from the University is provided every step of the way, from onboarding to completion.
Hosting an intern
From start to finish, the University’s Global Office will keep you connected with one-on-one support in the process of hosting a Chinese student through the Connect 88 program.
The following resources may be also be helpful to you:
- The University’s Guide to Work Integrated Learning
- The IEAA’s (International Education Association of Australia) International Students: A Guide for Australian Employers.
Find out more
To find out more or to register your business for this opportunity, contact Elijah Frost, Manager International Student Engagement on 0408 476 027 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.