At the University of Newcastle we believe that international students have something very valuable and important to offer our communities and culture.
With this in mind, we have created the Connect 88 program. This unique program gives Chinese students the opportunity to share their culture and their expertise with businesses in the Newcastle area who are looking to grow their own understanding of China and doing business with China.
At the same time it will also give you the opportunity to gain valuable work experience and deliver real-life business solutions. Our goal is to place the University's most talented Chinese students into businesses who want to work with Chinese students like you. In addition to developing practical on-the-job skills such as collaboration and problem-solving, you will be supported by cultural and communications training by the University before you start your Connect 88 internship.
Participants in a Connect 88 internship will gain:
- An immersive experience of Australian workplace culture.
- Practical insights on how to position oneself competitively in the Australian and global job market.
- Opportunities to leverage real-time knowledge of China to make a real contribution to the development of industry in Newcastle.
Some examples of how you might add value to businesses in Newcastle are:
- Creating and establishing Chinese social media accounts for the business.
- Creating new and engaging content that appeals to the Chinese market.
- Managing online advertising for China facing channels.
- Delivering customer service solutions that are culturally optimised.
- Developing an engagement strategy for opening up new Chinese markets.
Benefits of Connect 88
Whether it’s work experience for one day or one week or a year-long internship, professional placements are incredibly rewarding and will help you gain valuable skills that can be used once you graduate. You’ll be able to understand what industry expects of employees while creating something productive for a business or organisation.
For more information contact Connect 88.