What iLEAD Plus mentoring offers
iLEAD Plus is not just about what you learn in the classroom, it’s about taking opportunities further, growing meaningful relationships and developing capabilities to practically assist you in your future endeavours. Mentoring by industry professionals is an important way of achieving this.
iLEAD Plus mentoring offers opportunities to connect University of Newcastle students with local, national and international industry networks, by connecting them with academic and industry professionals.
iLEAD Plus mentoring is about discovering your strengths, areas of interest and career aspirations.
Our Mentors offer positive role modelling to explore your perspectives, inspire proactivity, and nurture your self-efficacy and leadership potential.
Mentoring is a two way process, with the benefits of participating in a formal mentoring partnership being directly related to the level of individual input of both mentor and mentee.
Benefits of mentoring include:
- Guidance from industry and academic professionals to develop your own leadership goals to enhance your future employability.
- Expanding professional connections with professionals who are part of local, national and international industry networks.
- Enhance your leadership capabilities in a socially intelligent and culturally sensitive manner.
- Growing confidence in building your own global connections across different professional disciplines.
- Exchange of expertise, ideas and opportunities to participate in developing leadership culture.
Download iLEAD Plus Mentor Handbook.
iLEAD Plus mentors are University of Newcastle alumni and staff from various backgrounds, hold degree qualifications, are actively engaged in paid and/or volunteer roles, ranging from four years’ to a lifetime of professional experience.
iLEAD Plus mentors:
- Inspire others to take initiative, learn, grow and engage in self-reflection and self-directed learning.
- Enjoy positive inter-organisational working relationships with the University of Newcastle, community, business, industry and other educational organisations.
- Share their knowledge, skills, experience and industry connections to further enhance the students' skills and capabilities.
- Are rich in resources including knowledge about internships, work integrated learning experiences, and industry opportunities.
- Through our formal mentoring program, you can realise the importance of meaningful networking and the multiple benefits of being mentored by industry and academic leaders.