About the program
Overview of the Program
iLEAD Plus Program Goals
Stage One Emerging Leaders
- Explore what it means to be a leader and engage in global citizen learning
- Be inspired by exposure to a community and network of diverse leaders
- Create meaningful leadership goals for your future employability with the support of a mentor
Stage Two Launching Leaders
- Develop the iLEAD Plus Agilities and be ready for your future career.
- Leverage the opportunities offered through the iLEAD Plus community and global network.
Stage Three iLEAD Plus Scholars
- UON celebrates and recognises iLEAD Plus Scholars with exciting global opportunities to showcase our future leaders.
- Share your experience and inspire emerging leaders.
Why Join Us?
iLEAD Plus is tailored to your unique leadership goals, and both expands and deepens your connections to UON's global network of alumni. Build the skills, traits and perspectives you need to be the leader of tomorrow.
This multi-stage program starts by building your leadership skills. Opening up a broad range of exciting opportunities through mentoring and leadership experiences both in Australia and around the world.
Join us now!
How to Complete
To complete Stage One, students will:
- Complete Expression of Interest and enrolment into the ILEAD Plus program.
- Participate in the four (4) interactive workshops led by UON academic leaders to learn about leadership, mentoring, goal setting, and the iLEAD Plus Agilities.
- Complete the pre-workshop activities and post workshop reflections via Blackboard.
- Workshops will equip you to complete the leadership development plan for employability and employability experience portfolio.
- Participate in the mentoring program including networking to meet and choose your mentor. Your mentor will then work with you to develop a plan to achieve your leadership goals.
- Participate in the Leadership Community of Practice face to face and virtually.
- Complete the program evaluation.
- Receive Certificate of Completion for Emerging Leaders.
- Receive LinkedIn endorsement of capabilities
To complete Stage Two, students will:
- Complete Stage One successfully and be invited to apply for Stage Two.
- Complete the interview and select preferences for a leadership experience.
- Continue to partner with a Mentor to achieve your leadership goals.
- Complete any preparation workshops required for your leadership experience, which may include pre-departure training for international travel.
- Complete the leadership experience and write a reflection and outcomes report.
- Present on the highlights and learnings of your leadership experience to Stage One participants through the Leadership Community of Practice.
- Be matched with an industry leader to provide specialised professional mentoring in your area of professional interest, which may include work experience opportunities such as work shadowing, industry visits, and exposure to future employers.
- Complete the Stage Two program evaluation.
- Participate in the ILEAD Plus Awards Ceremony and receive a Certificate of Achievement.
- Receive LinkedIn endorsement.
- Become eligible for Stage Three ILEAD Scholar.
Stayed tuned for more information regarding Stage Three (to be released in 2018)
Qualifying students will become part of a global network of iLEAD Plus Scholars, which will open doors to further opportunities. This Stage will involve leadership experiences that will take your leadership potential to the next level and accelerate your career. Students who complete Stage Three will then attend the Graduation Ceremony with industry influencers and leaders that are invited.
Apply Expressions of Interest Semester 1, 2019.