Master of Business Administration - Full-time
2020 INTAKE NOW OPEN
Next Term Start Date: 6 January 2020
There is a constantly growing demand for managers and highly-skilled professionals in Singapore and across the globe. The University of Newcastle's Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree is ideal for professionals who want to further expand their career opportunities and enhance their leadership capabilities.
An internationally recognised degree, the MBA is designed to equip you with high-level managerial capabilities, transferable skills and "know-how" to succeed in future senior management roles, to boost your current career, enable you to change career paths, or start your own business.
Some unique value propositions of this degree are:
- interactive learning
- practical teaching approach (real business cases, site visits, guest speakers)
- first-class faculty with research profiles and industry experience
- new perspectives (leadership, strategic, entrepreneurial and change management skills)
- networking opportunities
- alumni chapter in Singapore
In this degree, you will study contemporary principles and standards of critical reasoning and management, and develop multidimensional skills, such as leadership, strategic, communication and negotiation skills, to operate effectively in the international business community. Additionally, in diverse Singapore, you will attain cross-cultural sensitivity and awareness.
Some of the core courses offered in this degree include:
- managing under uncertainty
- organisational behaviour and design
- foundation of business analysis
- accounting and financial management
- Economics of Competitive Advantage
- Cross-Cultural Management
- Managing Under Uncertainty
- Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility
- Human Resource Management
- Foundations of Business Analysis
- Organisational Behaviour and Design
- Marketing Management and Planning
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Strategic Management
- Managing HR in International Organisations
Delivery of modules may not follow the sequence as shown and are subject to change.
In Singapore, the degree is delivered by academics who are:
- Highly qualified and have industry knowledge
- Professionally experienced, produce research outputs, and have scholarly knowledge
- Approved by the faculty of Business and Law, University of Newcastle, Australia
The academics will impart their knowledge and a sense of global citizenship to students via internationalised and localised case studies and real life examples, taking cross-cultural elements in consideration. Students will have better insight into how the external environment changes and affects the contemporary business environment in Singapore and the world.
This degree can be completed on a full-time basis within one year in Singapore.
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
The University of Newcastle’s Business School (NBS) has received international acclaim for its programs through accreditation from USA-based Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Singapore Computer Society
All MBA students are members of the Student Chapter of Singapore Computer Society (SCS), the largest IT professional body in Singapore. MBA graduates are eligible for the one-year free SCS Graduate Membership.Read the Program Handbook here Program Plan 2020
Hear from some of our graduates:
- Saaransh Raj Khera, Graduated in 2017
- Mr Srinivas Rao, Graduated in 2014
- Ms Dang Hieu Thao (Sophie), Graduated in 2011
- Mr Htet Arkar Soe, Graduated in 2011
- Mr Vishal Laddha, Graduated in 2009
- Mr Kaushik Bhanushali, Graduated in 2007
- Mr Vikhram Radhakrishnan, Graduated in 2007