Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
2020 INTAKE NOW OPEN
Next Term Start Date: 6 January 2020
The Graduate Certificate in Business Administration (GCBA) is the first step for professionals aiming to expand their career opportunities. You will improve your foundational skills in managerial decision making, understand effective organisational structures, study human behaviour and learn how to expertly manage people.
The program’s content focuses on advanced management capabilities which are transferrable to organisations of all sizes in the public, private or not-for-profit sectors, arming you with the high-level skills and "know-how" to succeed in management roles.
Achieving a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration will demonstrate your ability and dedication, and increase your employability in professional management positions.
The program focuses on building applicable skills in:
- managerial decision making
- organisational behaviour
- business analysis
- strategic and international management
Upon graduation, you will have a comprehensive understanding and the ability to apply the fundamental areas of business which is key to success in both the public and private sectors.
The Graduate Certificate in Business Administration requires completion of 40 units of courses comprising 20 units of core courses and 20 units of courses from the directed course list. The program may be completed in one trimester full-time.
All four courses completed in the Graduate Certificate can count directly towards the full MBA program.
- Managing Under Uncertainty
- Organisational Behavior and Design
Directed Modules (depending on course availability):
- Foundations of Business Analysis
- Marketing Management & Planning
- Human Resource Management
- Economics of Competitive Advantage
On successful completion of the program, students will have:
- Effective oral and written skills to communicate complex business management information to a variety of audiences
- Effective independent or collaborative work skills to apply specialised knowledge and expert judgement to business management tasks.
- Critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills to be able to justify sound business management solutions
- Specialised knowledge of theories, models and concepts relevant to business management and be proficient in their application
- Skills to apply relevant theories, principles and methodologies to research in business management
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
The University of Newcastle’s Business School (NBS) has received international acclaim for its programs through accreditation from USA-based Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Singapore Computer Society
All MBA students are members of the Student Chapter of Singapore Computer Society (SCS), the largest IT professional body in Singapore. MBA graduates are eligible for the one-year free SCS Graduate Membership.Read the Program Handbook here Program Plan 2020