Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Civil) - Full-time
2018 INTAKE NOW OPEN
Next Term Start Date: 26 February 2018
At UON we educate our engineers to meet the global challenges of the future. You could engineer energy-efficient buildings using the latest nano-materials, or help develop sustainable and resilient infrastructure in developing countries. Perhaps you’ll design Australia’s first high-speed train network to connect communities and reduce carbon emissions. Or even build a revolutionary water recycling plant to tackle water security issues.
What is civil engineering? Civil engineers are responsible for the physical infrastructure that enables modern societies to function. Buildings, highways and railways, tunnels, airports, power generation facilities and harbour facilities are all designed, built and managed by civil engineers.
Why study with us?
- Engineering at UON is number one in NSW for good teaching, the overall education experience and student support.
- Our graduates are job-ready. They rated us number 1 in NSW for the skills they enter the workplace with, and in 2015, 85% of our engineering graduates were employed within four months of graduating.
- You can add a Master of Professional Engineering to your credentials with just one extra year of study.
What you will study?
Build critical technical and engineering skills through courses in:
- engineering mechanics
- engineering computation
- theory of structures
- civil engineering materials
- fluid mechanics
- transportation engineering and design
- calculus of science and engineering
- reinforced concrete design
- steel design
- water engineering
- structural engineering
- stress and finite element methods
Connect with industry through guest lectures and interdisciplinary projects solving real world problems. Gain invaluable practical experience through your industry placement.
Become job-ready through our professional practice courses. You'll learn to tackle ‘wicked problems’ and develop essential workplace skills in finance, project management, sustainability, communication and entrepreneurism.
Diversify your skills with a cluster of four elective specialisation courses, which can be used to:
- deepen your technical competence in your engineering field
- broaden your expertise in another area of engineering
- specialise your skills in areas outside engineering, such as business or maths
- study overseas at one of our many partner institutions.