Bachelor of Commerce (Major in Accounting) – Full-time
2018 INTAKE NOW OPEN
Next Term Start Date: 3 September 2018
Be eligible for the Merit Scholarships. Apply Now!
The University of Newcastle's Bachelor of Commerce (major in Accounting) is ideal for those who are interested in pursuing a career in the accounting industry. The degree is designed to equip you with practical skills and knowledge to join and thrive in the industry.
When you join this degree, you will:
- Acquire relevant competencies that are highly valued and required by employers in all sectors: public, private and non-profit.
- Learn the Australian accounting standard practices.
- Develop strong teamwork, critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Attain leadership and communication skills.
Courses offered in this degree cover the following areas:
- accounting related courses
- microeconomics and macroeconomics in the global economy
- foundations of law
- business decision making
In Singapore, the degree is delivered by academics who are:
- Highly qualified and have industry knowledge
- Professionally experienced, produce research outputs, and have scholarly knowledge
- Approved by the faculty of Business and Law, University of Newcastle, Australia
The academics will impart their knowledge and a sense of global citizenship to students via internationalised and localised case studies and real life examples, taking cross-cultural elements in consideration. Students will have better insight into how the external environment changes and affects the contemporary accounting environment in Australia, Singapore and the world.
Exciting, stimulating and lucrative career paths for graduates of this degree include the fields of:
- business analysis
This degree can be completed on a full-time basis in Singapore. The normal duration of the entire degree is six trimesters over two years, depending on your prior qualifications and the number of credit transfers/exemptions that you will be granted.
Student who completes the degree with outstanding achievement as a top student in the graduating cohort, will be awarded with the Indrani Dasgupta Memorial Student Excellence Award. Find out more here.
Graduates of this programme will likely receive full exemptions from all the Foundation exams under CPA Australia. They will qualify to commence the CPA Program directly and join CPA Australia as an Associate Member.
Graduates will also have accreditation with other major professional bodies in accounting, including the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
The University of Newcastle’s Business School (NBS) has received international acclaim for its programs through accreditation from USA-based Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).