Bachelor of Business (Major in Marketing and Tourism Management) – Full-time
2017 INTAKE NOW OPEN
Next Term Start Date: 3 January 2017
The University of Newcastle's Bachelor of Business (major in Marketing and Tourism Management) is ideal for those who are interested in pursuing a career in today's booming tourism and hospitality industry. One of Singapore's key economic pillars, tourism is set to become a lot more exciting and challenging in the coming years.
The Bachelor of Business (major in Marketing and Tourism Management) is designed to equip you with practical skills and knowledge to join any marketing and hospitality related industry.
When you join this degree, you will:
- Acquire the relevant knowledge and practical skills that are highly valued by employers in tourism and hospitality sectors.
- Develop strong teamwork, critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
- Attain leadership and communication skills, vital for success in people-oriented industries like tourism.
Courses offered in this degree cover the following areas:
- microeconomics and macroeconomics in the global economy
- foundations of law
- business decision making
- tourism related courses
In Singapore, the degree is delivered by academics who are:
- Highly qualified and have industry knowledge
- Professionally experienced, produce research outputs, and have scholarly knowledge
- Approved by the faculty of Business and Law, University of Newcastle, Australia
The academics will impart their knowledge and a sense of global citizenship to students via internationalised and localised case studies and real life examples, taking cross-cultural elements in consideration. You will have better insight into how the external environment changes and affects the contemporary business environment in Singapore and the world.
Exciting, stimulating and lucrative career paths for graduates of this degree include:
- hospitality and tourism management
- resort and club management
- destination planning and development
- marketing and business analysis
This degree can be completed on a full-time basis in Singapore. The normal duration of the entire degree is six trimesters over two years, depending on your prior qualifications and the number of credit transfers/exemptions that you will be granted.
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
The University of Newcastle’s Business School (NBS) has received international acclaim for its programs through accreditation from USA-based Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Hear from our graduate: