Bachelor of Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety – Part-time
Next intake start date
Trimester 1 – 10 January 2022
Trimester 2 – 09 May 2022
Trimester 3 – 05 September 2022
In 2009, the Ministry of Manpower (Acting minister Gan Kim Yong), projected that the local Worker Safety and Health (WSH) professional numbers would need to grow to 19,000 by 2018. There are currently only about 5,000 trained professionals, and demand in this area has continued to grow over the years.
The University of Newcastle's Bachelor of Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety (BEnvOHS) degree is the first-mover in offering the undergraduate degree offered in Singapore that encompasses the disciplines of Environment, and Health and Safety (EHS). These three unique disciplines are crucial if you aspire to be either an entry-level EHS officer or a global EHS manager in a top multinational company.
Our BEnvOHS degree enjoys an excellent reputation in Singapore and the Asia-Pacific region. Over 900 of our graduates work in key governmental sectors like the Ministry of Manpower and National Environment Agency, and in prestigious multinational companies across all industries including:
- oil and gas (Exxon-Mobil, Singapore Petroleum Company, Total)
- electronics (ST Micro, Micron, Hewlett-Packard)
- pharmaceutical (Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Lonza)
- construction (Dagages, Lend Lease, Ssangyong)
- aviation and aerospace (GE Aviation, Pratt and Whitney)
This degree can be completed on a part-time basis within two years or up to eight years in Singapore.
- Bioscience for EOHS
- Environmental Control Practice
- OHS Practice
- Occupational Health
- Hygiene and Toxicology I
- Ergonomics for OHS
- Occupational Safety
- EOHS Management I
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Industrial Ecology for EOHS
- Epidemiology and Environmental Health
- Hygiene and Toxicology II
- Research Methods in EOHS
- International Perspectives on EOHS
- EOHS Law
- Risk Assessment and Management
Delivery of modules may not follow the sequence as shown and are subject to change
We look forward to your joining us in this exciting EHS industry!
Ministry of Manpower
The Bachelor of Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety is recognised by the Ministry of Manpower, Singapore, as an accepted WSH-related qualification.
Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
The Bachelor of Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety is accredited with Institution of Occupational Health and Safety.
Read the Program Handbook here
IOSH is the world's biggest professional health and safety organization. Our graduates immediately qualify as graduate members when they enrol into the degree.
Hear from our graduates:
- Cai Zhiqin, Class of 2021
- Liton Symon, Class of 2019
- Nancy Shen, Class of 2017
- Tan Meng Chong, Class of 2014
- Peter Ang, Class of 2009