Institute of Public Relations (IPRS) - UON Singapore Student Chapter
IPRS-UONS Student Chapter 2016-17
The Institute of Public Relations (IPRS) - UONS Student Chapter has just been established on 20 January 2016. All full-time Bachelor of Communication (BCOMN) students in Singapore are automatically members when they enrol into the degree, at any particular year in their studies. UON Singapore is proud to be the first university partner with IPRS to form a Student Chapter.
About the Institute of Public Relations of Singapore (IPRS)
IPRS was founded as a non-profit professional body in 1970 by a dedicated group of Public Relations (PR) practitioners, to bring Singapore's PR industry to greater heights. IPRS works to grow and unite the PR profession in Singapore, and provides a platform for seasoned professionals and newcomers to network, exchange ideas and keep up to date with the latest best practices in PR. IPRS strives to be the leading regional PR organisation, raising professional standards and public recognition of the industry. Today, IPRS has over 300 members across different Membership categories. The Institute is led by an elected Council and is served by a Secretariat.
IPRS reaches out to budding PR practitioners, through the establishment of Student Chapters with tertiary institutions such as the University of Newcastle and Temasek Polytechnic. IPRS is the only accrediting body for PR practitioners in Singapore. It is a member of the Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management. More information on IPRS can be found on www.iprs.org.sg.
The objectives of IPRS Student Chapter are:
- To provide a valuable service to the student community by extending access to IPRS activities and programs.
- To provide a channel for students to network with PR professionals and help them gain first-hand experience that will prepare them for the world of work.
- To foster UON Singapore /IPRS collaborations in areas of communication media, symposia and learning forums.
The benefits to the University and to student members are as follows:
- Entitlement to free selected members only IPRS events and access to other IPRS events and privileges.
- Subsidised student rate for other chargeable IPRS events and training courses.
- Membership discounts for IPRS endorsed events and product offers.
- Access to IPRS resources and expertise. Enjoy products and services at a special discount.
- Opportunity to organise and manage a minimum of two events annually.
- Take on leadership roles while receiving mentorship from IPRS through talks and sharing sessions.
- Privilege to connect with PR practitioners through IPRS events. Access to online IPRS publications: IPRS e-newsletter, Job Advertisements, Special Announcements
For more information, please contact Dr Rama Chandra Venkatasawmy at email@example.com.