Student Ambassador Program
We are looking for enthusiastic, outgoing and confident students to represent our degrees offered in Singapore by the University of Newcastle, Australia (UON) as part of the Student Ambassador Program.
The primary role of a Student Ambassador is to assist in promoting and marketing the University's undergraduate degrees offered in Singapore. This involves providing accurate information on UON degrees, admission requirements, application and selection procedures, student support services and campus life in general. This will involve engaging with prospective undergraduate students, their parents and career advisers.
As a Student Ambassador, you will work with the UON Singapore (UONS) Marketing and our partner’s Student Recruitment team to share your university experiences with prospective students through a range of face-to-face and online community activities. These activities include:
- Conducting presentations to prospective students about your degree and experiences studying with UON in Singapore;
- Attending career expos/fairs/exhibitions within Singapore;
- Leading campus tours at our partners’ premises;
- Assisting with on-campus events, such as Open House, and other internal and external events e.g. research seminars, Awards & Appreciation Night etc.;
- Sharing your experiences on social media channels such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter;
- Provide a personal profile and be willing to appear in UONS’s promotional tools such as the website and publications.
As a Student Ambassador, you will develop your leadership, communication and teamwork skills as you encourage others to consider studying a UON degree in Singapore.
You will participate in a short training workshop at the commencement of the program, as well as receive ongoing training in order to prepare you for the role. This training also includes a professional presentation session. Not only does the Student Ambassador Program looks good on your resume, but it also provides the perfect opportunity for you to get involved with the University and meet other current students and internal and external stakeholders.
As a Student Ambassador, you will:
- Be a motivated team player and outgoing student;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication (including presentation and effective public speaking) and interpersonal social skills;
- Demonstrate a willingness to share your student experience with prospective students and have the ability to relate to pre-university students;
- Represent UON in Singapore at events and activities with the purpose of creating a positive image of the University and degrees offered;
- Participate in UONS in-house events e.g. Awards and Appreciation Night, Graduation, etc.;
- Be organised with good time management skills;
- Show initiative and be able to work with minimal supervision.
Positions are available for the following degrees. Please note that the positions available can change each year.
Bachelor of Business (Major in Leadership & Management and Marketing)
Bachelor of Business (Major in Marketing and Tourism)
Bachelor of Commerce (Major in Accounting)
Master of Business Administration
Bachelor of Construction Management (Building) (Honours)
Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Electrical)
Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical)
Bachelor of Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety
Bachelor of Communication (Major in Public Relations and Journalism)
Bachelor of Information Technology
Applications for the Student Ambassador Program are now open.
To apply for the Student Ambassador Program, please read the Position Description (as above) carefully and send your application to: email@example.com with the following:
- Full personal particulars including name, mobile number, email, gender, citizenship and the degree that you would like to represent
- A single document (PDF preferred) of your cover letter on why you would like to be a Student Ambassador, and a brief resume/curriculum vitae (CV).Your resume / CV must include the contact details of at least two (2) referees (if applicable).
If successful, you will be contacted for an interview. You will also be required to attend a short training before the commencement of the program.