Careers at UON Singapore
Our staff come from many different parts of the world with various levels of experience, education and backgrounds. We are small enough for our employees to get to know one another, yet large enough to provide boundless opportunities. We take pride in what we do and believe and practice work-life balance.
If you want the opportunity to make global connections and be part of a diverse and exciting workplace environment, this is the place to be!
Our employees have access to the following benefits:
- attractive remuneration packages including annual increments and performance bonuses
- staff incentives such as long service awards, Awards and Appreciation Night, Family Day and company retreats
- staff well-being activities such as monthly Sports Day, health screenings and talks, volunteer work
- staff training and development opportunities
Join us and be part of a vibrant and dynamic team.
- Develop and implement learning development strategies and provide learning advice across all programs.
- Deliver workshops and provide individual or small group consultations to students on learning issues, including English language assistance, writing, study skills, presentation skills, preparing reports, and other related work to complement the activities of Teaching and Learning carried out by academic staff.
- Collaborate with academic staff to ensure integration of student learning support programs with academic needs.
- Inform academic staff on initiatives in teaching and learning, and guide academic staff in promoting and enhancing quality teaching and learning.
- Provide academic skill trainings to new academic staff.
- Coordinate the delivery of Peer Assisted Study Session (PASS) across all programs.
- Work closely with and support the Teaching and Learning Convener.
- A degree in English Language or Education. Post-graduate training in TESL, CELTA certification, or experience inPeer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) is an advantage.
- Extensive relevant experience at the tertiary education level.
- Demonstrated teaching record with relevant English Language teaching experience in a tertiary or tertiary preparation program.
- Extensive experience working with international students.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving, flexibility, priority setting, and working to datelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with academic as well as professional staff as part of a team and to collaborate with others within a multi-disciplinary/multinational context.
Please note that your application will be assessed based on the selection criteria. It is essential that you address each criteria to enable the selection committee to properly assess your application and suitability for interview.
Interested applicants are invited to email their resume and the statement addressing the criteria by 9th May 2018 to: email@example.com. Kindly state the following as the email subject: “Teaching & Learning Adviser (Ref no.: 0180401)”. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Send us your details
if you would like to be included in our résumé depository, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.