Dr Kavitha Palaniappan
Kavitha holds a doctorate in Environmental Health Engineering from Sri Ramachandra Medical University, India. She has been with the University of Newcastle, Australia, since January 2010, first as an associate lecturer and then as a full-time lecturer from September 2012. She teaches the Occupational Health and Safety components of the BEnvOHS Program. She is also actively involved in research related to the effects of lead exposure on children, mental health illnesses on adults, alternative approaches to enhance sleep, epidemiology of dengue fever, climate change, biofuels and nanotoxicology. She is a member of IOSH and Nanosing Initiative of Singapore.
- M.Sc. (Env. Sc.)
- M.A. (Fr.)
- M.A. (Pub. Admin.)
- Environmental and Occupational Health and Industrial Safety
- Lead exposure and its effects.
- Mahua Biodiesel as alternative and renewable fuel.
- Effects of climate variables.
- Mental Health Illnesses
- Sleep disorders and sleep enhancement.
- IQ and Neurobehavioral changes
- deficits in visual-motor abilities and executive functions
- decline in stature and haemoglobin
- genetic polymorphisms
- production of mahua biodiesel
- associations of dengue incidences with climate change
- mental health Illnesses among migrant workers and intervention strategies to overcome such illnesses
- alternative approaches for sleep enhancement
- toxicity of industrial nanoparticles