Dr Kavitha Palaniappan
Kavitha holds a doctorate in Environmental Health Engineering from Sri Ramachandra Medical University, India. She has been with the University of Newcastle, Australia, since January 2010, first as an associate lecturer and then as a full-time lecturer from September 2012. She teaches the Occupational Health and Safety components of the BEnvOHS Program. She is also actively involved in research related to the effects of lead exposure on children, mental health illnesses on adults, alternative approaches to enhance sleep, epidemiology of dengue fever, climate change, biofuels and nanotoxicology. She is a member of IOSH and Nanosing Initiative of Singapore.
- B.Sc. Microbiology
- Bachelor of General Laws
- Bachelor of Alternative System of Medicines
- M.Sc. Environmental Sciences
- M.A. French
- M.A. Public Administration
- Ph.D. Allied Health Sciences
Environmental and Occupational Health and Industrial Safety
- Lead exposure and its effects.
- Mahua Biodiesel as alternative and renewable fuel.
- Effects of climate variables.
- Mental Health Illnesses
- Sleep disorders and sleep enhancement.
As Ph.D. co-supervisor for Sriram Prasath Ramasoori Krishnan. Establishing safe working guidance level for nano titanium dioxide enabled products in Singapore industries (still ongoing)