About UON Singapore
Celebrated as one of Asia's most advanced education, research and innovation hubs, Singapore has been the ideal location for the delivery of the University of Newcastle's programs in the region since 2002. Our strategic location is even more relevant today with the rise of Asia.
Established as a wholly-owned entity of the University in 2006, UON Singapore has continued to deliver and expand both its full-time and part-time programs. Our strong partnerships with leading local institutions provide our diverse range of local and international students access to a broad variety of professional networks when they graduate.
Our researchers work with world-class organisations and institutions in the Singapore region and across the globe on research projects, research seminars and faculty-specific collaborations.
The University's Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) chairs UON Singapore's Board. The high profile members of our Board and Industry Advisory Committees also ensure that the University of Newcastle's programs offered in Singapore are relevant, closely aligned with and tailored to meet industry demands.
The present governance structure of UON Singapore is as follows:
- UON Singapore Board with four Singapore-based external members
- Pro Vice-Chancellor/CEO based in Singapore
- Industry Advisory Committees
- Academic Director along with Academic and Program Coordinators
- Academic Registrar based in Singapore
- Joint Academic Committees with Partners
- Operation Management Committee, chaired by the Pro Vice-Chancellor/CEO
- Academic Coordination Committee, chaired by the Academic Director
With an expanding team headed by the Pro Vice-Chancellor/ CEO and comprising full-time academics and sessional teaching staff, a teaching and learning adviser, and professional staff, UON Singapore has been making waves in the region among students and industry. From Indonesia to India, Vietnam to China, our student outreach continues to expand as we become an increasingly influential presence in the region.Our Degrees Our Newsletter